Re: Audio

To: "MG listserv" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Audio
From: "Ryan Irwin" <ButterscotchB@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:32:59 -0500
This is great, but not desirable for a few reasons...

a) I don't want to tear apart a $300 CD player in possible hopes that i
might shove it's internals in an old BL radio.

b) trunk mounted CD changer.  never been a big fan, i want the power to
change discs whenver and wherever i feel.

c) he says nothing about how to change the internals.  He sent his off to
have it done.  I don't want an el-cheao approach, but i do want to do this
myself and being a Radio Shack employee, I have access to an amazing
quantity of resistors, capacitors, chips, and wiring doohickies.

It'd be great to have a CD/MP3 player with dual RCA preouts and about 8
speakers unable to be seen outside the car, but that's not really what I'm
looking for.  i was just wondering if anyone's done a simple installation
and where they put the speakers so they're not interfereing with the windows
(and how big are/were they?)
I'm thinking about putting some 6x9" speakers in separate boxes that i can
mount to the self/rear firewall (i don't want to cut into the firewall) in
addition to some 5" or so in the doors.  (maybe some little tweeters on the
console below the stereo, hehe)

-Ryan Irwin
'72 MGB