Re: .optimistic news....follow up

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: .optimistic news....follow up
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:20:29 -0400
Charles is right on the money..........

The cars that Bill Saidel had originally referred to: A 64 AH 3000 for
$45,000 and a 67 MGB for $22,000 that were listed in last Sunday's NY Times
Classifieds are exceptional cars that are as close to new as possible, 0
mileage on complete restorations. Just try and build ones as nice for less.

I personally enjoy the creative process and satifaction that doing a
restoration gives me. I don't do the body and paint work but will handle all
reassembly and mechanicals on my own. As I'm presently wrapping up the
cosmetic restoration of my 1980 B I refuse to add up the receipts but know
that it is well over $7,500 and I did nothing on the mechanical end other
than a petronixs ignition upgrade and bushing replacement.

Their are others who just want the car finished and good to go. I recently
asisted a woman who wanted to purchase a Mark I MGB for her husbands 40th
Birthday. She lined up three cars to look at in one very long day. Wound up
purchasing a very nice, solid 50,000 original mile car that had recently
gotten a very good paint job, new chrome and an interior face lift for
$10,200 (down from an asking price of $12,500).

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch