1980 MGB got too hot

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1980 MGB got too hot
From: "william king" <mga59@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:38:35 -0400
A co-worker has a 1980 MGB special edition which caught fire.  The engine
compartment is pretty much gone but amazingly the paint is fine except for the
bonnet.  In looking at the car my feeling is the best way to put this car back
on the road is a donor vehicle, it would cost a fortune to buy the individual
parts.  I think the long block of the engine is OK.  The car has 39K miles and
is in quite nice shape, well worth reclaiming.  He does not want to sell the
car.  Does anyone know of a late RBB car, reasonably priced with a complete
engine compartment to get this car back on the road.