Re: Carb swap successful!

To: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb swap successful!
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:55:38 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 7:31 AM
Subject: Carb swap successful!

> Replaced the valve
> cover gasket with a new cork gasket. PO had laid a huge bead of that
silicone
> gasket goop in there instead. That stuff was a real bear to remove and
clean
> up.

Did you replace the rubber compression washers under the cover bolts as
well?  If not you may still get leaks from around the base of the cover as
it is only the springiness in these washers that applies pressure to the
seal.

> Another thing I ran into - The Pierce manifold flanges are about 1 to
1.5mm
> thicker than the exhaust manifold flanges. I think the intake may need to
be
> machined down a hair so they are flush with each other. The large washer
that
> clamps the manifolds to the head is a little higher on the side that
clamps
> the intake manifold.

Some years had washers to make the inlet and exhaust manifolds line up from
the factory.