Re: New weber DGV, now hard starting when hot

To: "smarc" <smarc@abs.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New weber DGV, now hard starting when hot
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:25:04 -0500
   Here is my 2-cent analysis:  If you have to choke the car to
start it, hot or cold, the mixture is too lean to start.  This can
be caused by many things but probably by fuel evaporating
from the hot manifold or boiling in the float bowl.
   The DGV has an accelerator pump.  Try pumping the
accelerator two or three times then try to start the car without
touching the accelerator.  That should enrich the start-mixture
just fine.

rick

> I'm trying to figure out what to do about this problem. Installed my
new
> DGEV (electric choke), now have a hard time starting when the engine
is hot.
> If I hold the choke closed when someone cranks the starter, it fires
up
> fairly easily. I guess I could go with the manual choke conversion,
but
> figured if I could find a way to minimize the heat, it may also help.
> Perhaps a heat shield of some sort? How have others solved this
dilemma?