1978 MGB "Cat Hammock"...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1978 MGB "Cat Hammock"...
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:41:07 EDT
Hi,
I'm writing this e-mail to ask if anybody else has had a problem with their
cat or cats using the tonneau of their MG as a "Hammock"? Especially on warm,
sunny days when the weight of the cat tends to stretch the vinyl all to heck.
 I've purchased some stuff called "Pet Repellent" and sprayed some on an
extra piece of the same grade vinyl as the tonneau and it didn't seem harm or
damage the fabric, nor did it do much to discourage the darn cat! He's not a
scratcher so I guess I'm lucky in that degree, but I don't really want to
have a sagging tonneau, either!  Has anyone heard of some other more powerful
or effective means of discouraging my cat from sleeping on the tonneau?
Swatting it with a broom or rolled up newspaper isn't a viable choice as he
is a very "special friend" (Any Cat lovers knows what I mean!)
Albert Escalante
1978 MGB, 1977 Jaguar XJ6L
Central Coast British Car Club
Port HuenemCalifornia (USA)