Re: Wind deflector - or whatever ya call it.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wind deflector - or whatever ya call it.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:40:44 -0700
on 7/31/02 10:48 PM, mg-dennis@mindspring.com at mg-dennis@mindspring.com
wrote:

> Isn't that your B in the bottom left picture above Chucks head?

Oh, you're so right. I was thinking I was parked further down, so didn't
zoom in on that one...

> The tonneau just
> runs under the screen, nothing was modified.  The bar goes underneath it where
> the
> side zippers are.  The key to the screen is to attach the tonneau to the
> bottom of
> the bar.  Right now it's not attached.  My idea is to use snaps.  On the other
> hand
> I've wondered if velcro is the way to go.
>
> Dennis

Oh, that's clever. I just didn't expect the side zippers to be quite in the
right place, for some reason.

I would think some vinyl tabs or flaps sewn to the cover, with snaps mounted
to the front or the back of the bar, could work. I don't think velcro would
hold very well in suspension, and it would be a little awkward trying to
press the snaps home from underneath, if you had the snaps on the bottom of
the bar attaching directly to the tonneau cover.

I'm thinking I might need one of those windscreens myself, if only to get
the wife comfortable with top-down driving (not top-less driving, which is
altogether different).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149