1966 (?) Midget for sale

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1966 (?) Midget for sale
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:08:33 -0500
I am assisting a woman who is selling her 1966 (we believe) Midget. The only
numbers I could find are: ARA 92-19 65 on the radiator shroud; GBL 020626
(numbers faint) on the door jamb. There is a silver tag with the number 1100
on it. I could not locate a stamped engine number. It is a chrome
bumper/chrome overrider car. She has had it for 20 years and since she
doesn't drive it much anymore and lost her storage space, has decided to
sell it.

It is/was originally red (the dark red, not burgundy, though), and was
repainted that MGB reddish/orange. The body is not perfect, but it doesn't
look like a rust-bucket either. The interior is worn but serviceable and the
car has not been cobbled. She has a newer top for it, but it is not on the
car. She thinks the engine was rebuilt, but she is digging out all her
records. The car has been garaged and lightly driven in the summer only, for
all the time she has had it.

I showed her current ads for older Midgets and the MG buyers guide
indicating that Midgets are (unfortunately) not as desireable as the Bs and
advised her that the $3000 range would be about all she could expect. I
don't think she liked that at all. I had a 74 midget for 8 years and only
got $3850 for it and it had alot more going for it than this car.

The car is located in Freeport, IL. Please contact me off-list if you have
any interest.

Valerie