MGB died, starter wont turn

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB died, starter wont turn
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@geoffeg.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:11:41 -0400
Hello all,

On the way back from lunch my MG B starting having a little trouble. The
engine started "choking" (cutting out and then shortly coming back to life)
until it finally died. When I tried to start it again the starter didn't
turn. My coworker pushed it into a parking lot and I clutched it back to
life for an instant until it died again, sputtering out just as it
originally had. I checked the battery, coil and distributor connections
before I had to get back to the office. So I'm wondering if anyone has any
idea's of what to check before I go back out tonight after work and try to
get it running again. It was running beautifully on the way into the office
and on the way to lunch. What could cause such strange behaviour?

Geoffeg