Re: silicone brake fluid vs. dot-4

To: Mark Lambert <markl@tibco.com>,
Subject: Re: silicone brake fluid vs. dot-4
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:12:31 -0500
I was at a auto parts store last night getting a new hose for between
the anti-runon thing and the absorption canister.

Anyway, the guy who came in behind me wanted DOT 5, and the guy at the
counter took him over to the brake fluids. They had DOT3 and DOT4 (not
Castrol - does it matter? ) and asked another behind the counter if DOT4
and DOT 5 were interchangable.

Cringe.

The guy behind the counter knew.

I don't have an opinion really, but I'm sure others will.

I've always used DOT4. However, since you used silicone for 15 years,
apparently with few problems, you must be comfortable with it. Maybe you
want to stick with what you know?

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155