Re: shifters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shifters
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:52:48 EDT
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> dose any one make prformance shifters for mgb's? Also I want to buy shifters
>
> please e mail me if you want to sale i need at least 10

No, I don't believe that anyone 'dose'.
And that would be because there is no such thing as a 'prformance shifter',
as the factory item does the job perfectly well, thank you.
Are you a fugitive from a Hurst shifter group (and obviously from a
dictionary and shift key) somewhere?
The mind boggles at what you'd get up to with 10 shift assemblies (you don't
say for which transmission).

Perhaps you should content yourself with something easy like shortening a
stock shifter an inch or so, as there really isn't much else you can do to
modify/improve on the stock item. Or install a 'prformance' shift knob like
the MGA coupe I once bought that had a 'Horst' T bar style knob (I was never
quite sure whether the spelling was intended to avoid legal action by Hurst,
or whether it had been designed by a German chap named Horst - in any case,
its total contribution to fast shifting was to ensure that you barked your
knuckles on the demister control panel if you weren't wary).

Bill