Temperature guage fun

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature guage fun
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:27:12 -0700
I don't trust the electric temperature guage in my MG. I sincerely
hope that it is wrong, because whenever I drive my MG at all hard,
it's nearly pegged at the top of the range. The problem could be the
voltage stabilizer, but the simplest solution is a mechanical guage.

Or so I thought.

I rummaged through my drawers of stuff and found a mechanical
temperature guage (no, not one from an MG, an aftermarket unit that I
bought for some project somewere along the line) and got it all
mounted. To make a long story short, the sender won't bottom out
against the head, and it won't seal.  Grumble. I need to either make
some sort of a sleeve or washer, or find an adapter that will work.

If anyone else wants to put an aftermarket temp guage (something that
actually measures degrees than some random cold-normal-hot), be aware
that it won't be quite as easy as it seems that it should.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.