RE: Heater Knob Questions (1970 MGB)

To: "'matttrebelhorn@netscape.net'" <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>,
Subject: RE: Heater Knob Questions (1970 MGB)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:23:10 -0700
Matt:

Push a small punch into the hole, the punch has to be smaller than the hole.
Press down on the punch to retract the pin.  With the pin retracted, pull
the knob gently.  Once the knob starts to move, remove the punch and the
knob will come the rest of the way off.  Sometimes the pins stick, and a
small tap is necessary to start it moving.

The knob shaft has a cut out, with a small protruding pin, held out by a
small steel leaf spring.

Kelvin.