RE: The Big Three?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Big Three?
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:20:12 -0500
> My guess would have to be Moss, VB, and Proper MG.  The
> Roadster Factory
> would probably make my big four if the would also send a
> catalog instead of
> just a confusing price list.

Sounds about right.  Although I don't really know how big Proper MG is.  But
I do like the way they've put together nice kits for things like rear
brakes...makes sure you get all the right springs and bits.

TRF has some very nice stuff available, although their main focus has always
been Triumphs.  For example, you can actually get the right combination of
black and tan carpet for late MGBs...everybody else just sells single color
sets.  TRF also has their own parts rebuilding company.  I recently
requested a catalog from them and just got the price list as well, so I
guess they're between printings of the MGB catalog, although their part
numbers are the same as those used in the factory parts books, so it's not
that confusing.

Of course, there are lots of people out there who are Moss distributors who
can get Moss parts at a healthy discount and pass some of that savings on to
you.