Re: GM ignition modules

To: Marc <smarc@abs.net>
Subject: Re: GM ignition modules
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:29:58 -0400
Marc: I will also send this to the list as there may be others on here who have
encountered the same problem.  There is a company, Transpo Electronics Inc.,
that has headquarters in Orlando, Florida, and Tucson, Arizona, that
manufactures virtually every automotive electronic component. The correct
module for the CEI amplifier that came with the 1980 MGB is  a Delco 1906
(Transpo # is DM1906). It was used in GM products from 1983-88. NAPA also the
same module, part number TP45SB. NAPA has 2 versions, a heavy duty and a
cheaper one. I advise the better quality. I assume the "TP" in the NAPA module
stands for Transpo. I contacted Transpo directly and they were quite helpful.
The sent me catalogues of all their products and I as able to also research
exactly which GM vehicles used the same module. Hope this help. I do not have
any financial interest in Transpo!
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski