Crankshaft sprocket

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crankshaft sprocket
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:01:25 -0500
Since I have the engine from my '79 B pretty much torn apart anyway, I
decided to go ahead and replacing the timing chain and sprockets with the
double-row setup as used in earlier B's.

The existing single-row sprocket will slide on and off the end of the
crankshaft by hand.  It has a nice snug feel, but hand pressure is
sufficient to move it.  Went to test-fit the new double row sprocket, and it
will only slide on part way by hand.  Any further movement requires the help
of a hammer.  And getting it back off requires a puller.  (This is Moss
460-420, which is a Rolon brand part.)

Now, I didn't want to beat the thing to death, especially if it shoudn't be
that tight, so that's why I'm here now.  So, should this new sprocket be
this tight?