Floorpan questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Floorpan questions
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:23:01 -0500
I just received 1/2 of my my floorpans from Proper MG.  The Left side was
back ordered.  I got the more expensive ones with the studs and bolts
already attached because I felt this would be much less to deal with in the
long run.  What I noticed is that they look close, but aren't exactly what
I already have in the car.  There are a few extra of those round drain
holes that require the plastic plugs, and the footwell area looks like it
will require some trim work.  Did these change over the years, specifically
in the foot area?

While I'm asking, does the "asphalt shingle" sound-deadening stuff go on
before or after painting?  Do the above mentioned plugs get painted or not?
   The ones I pulled out of the car were somewhat painted (it was cracking
off), but the car has had a respray.  It would seem silly to paint them,
but who knows.  They did some silly stuff back then with paint.

Thanks,
Kevin