RE: List Member Kindness

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: List Member Kindness
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:38:46 -0600
OK here it goes, now I remembered I need to thank an list member.

On a recent trip (2500 miles) my MGB broke in Lake Tahoe.  I remembered
one of our great list members had a shop near there.  I called
information, got the phone number and address, and called the list
member on Saturday, he was there.  He said he'd wait around (remember
this is Saturday, he normally leaves around 11:00 on Saturday and I
wouldn't get there until about 1:00.  He waited as I drove the car down
the hill without a clutch and dropped it off.  I hitched a ride with a
friend, who was also on the same road trip.  We stopped on the way back
to pick up the car.  It was repaired, and sitting just inside the shop
bay, like he knew I'd be there in 'minutes'.

A big thanks to Lawrie Alexander for his assistance.  He truly is a
gentleman.

Larry Hoy