Clutch Might-as-Wells

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Might-as-Wells
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:37:28 -0400
Hi,

Between the clutch pedal on my BGT throbbing, and the whirring sound I'm
hearing every time I engage it, (as well as the engine's rpms dropping) I'm
thinking that the clutch assembly's fiber ring is going.  As such, I'm
putting together a list of the things I may as well replace at the same time
I do the repair.  The clutch and pressure plate are obvious, and I'm
thinking that new engine and tranny mounts are also in order...

Does anyone else have any other ideas on things I might as well replace?

BTW, I have replaced the clutch hydraulic system, so it's not a might as
well this time.

Lastly, how hard is it to do the clutch work without pulling the entire
engine?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen

74 1/2 BGT