Re: Lights

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lights
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:09:01 EDT
In a message dated 23/08/02 2:16:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> According to the article I read, a city in Arizone was making LOADS of money
>
> off of tickets based on a red light camera where the yellow was set at 3
> seconds.  They extended the yellow to 4.7 seconds and revenues dropped so
> much, they had to stop using the camera.  People simply didn't have enough
> time to stop on red when the yellow was only 3 seconds.

You can beat any red light ticket if you can prove that a car heading for the
intersection at the speed limit would not be able to stop (using an average
reaction time), before the light went red.

Doing so with all the evidence you'd need, would be a pain in the ass,
however.

Bill