RE: MGA Coupe Racer

To: Larry Hoy <list@marketvalue.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGA Coupe Racer
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
And anyways, the MGA and B were first released as roadsters, then coupes
were added, not the other way around, which is when you need to add
reinforcements, right? I know the MGB GT weighed around 150 - 200 pounds
more then the roadster (something around that, too lazy to get out of bed
check with Clausager right now) and I would assume a similar difference
with the A coupe...

--- Larry Hoy <list@marketvalue.net> wrote:
> Setphen, they probably are heavier, but I can't find the factory weight
> of a coupe so I'm not sure.
>
> Remember an MGA is built on a frame.  That sucker is big enough to be
> stable with or without a top.
>
> Maybe someone can point me to the weight of a coupe.

=====
Dan DiBiase
The Garden State (What Exit?)
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)