RE: Locking gas caps for later MGB's?

To: "'Kevin Shertz'" <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: RE: Locking gas caps for later MGB's?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:43:36 -0700
Kevin:

This is one I've been working on for some time.  Gates used to sell a
locking gas cap that fit the 70- Federal MGB/Midget application.  It didn't
fit really well, but it did work.  Unfortunately they discontinued the cap,
and no-one has come up with a replacement.

There are a bunch of locking caps available from the UK for the earlier type
of filler neck, but since they never got the federal design, no-one over
there is manufacturing one we can use.

It's very expensive to tool for a locking cap, and the only sample available
so far is the Gates type, which was pretty ugly and did not seal well.  I'm
interested in any late locking gas cap sample available, so we can fill this
need.  Let me know if anyone has one.

Kelvin.