Re: dynabatts

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: dynabatts
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:15:26 -0400
At 01:00 AM 8/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I really like the idea of the sealed battery. I have an Optima in my TD.
>Unfortunately, the Optima won't fit in the B. It looks like this Dyna-Batt
>will fit. The specs say it will put out a lot of cranking amps, but not as
>long as a conventional battery. It's been my experience that if an engine
>doesn't start in the first 10 sec, it's not going to start at all.
>
>It's getting hard to find series 26 batteries, and this Dyna-Batt looks like
>the only sealed battery that will fit in the B. I think I'll try it out.
>
>Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
>Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
>52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
>71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336

I'm not sure about the size, but you may want to look into the Absorption Glass
Mat (AGM) batteries made by WestCo and American Eagle as replacements for
the Miata.  They are the stuff of lore in the Mazda community, with people
claiming amazing durability and long life.    They won't leak and aren't
much more expensive than a quality, conventional wet-cell.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gomiata/wessealbat.html