Re: Fuel Gauge

To: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>, "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:33:57 +0100
I'll give you half that - the Workshop Manual shows the MkII model built in
67 as having all electric gauges, but all three fed from the stabiliser.
The feed to the oil gauge is actually shown as green even though it connects
to the output of the stabiliser, and 69 models do have it wired direct to
12v.  I assumed that the 68 diagram had the wire the correct colour but
going to the wrong place but was assured by someone who had one that was how
they were in practice, later models being wired direct as shown.  However
you say you have a capiliary temp gauge and an electric oil gauge.  Until
MkII production at the end of 67 all cars had the tin dash and dual
mechanical gauges, after that North America had the padded dash and seperate
electric gauges.  If you have something different it is either a PO change,
or just possibly the factory didn't have the electric temp gauges in time so
snuck a few capiliary ones in.