RE: What would you drive?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What would you drive?
From: =?windows-1255?Q?=EE=F8=E8=E9=EF_=F8=E5=E2=E5=E1=E9=EF?=
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:41:14 +0200
> While on the subject, is it possible, and can anyone hazard a guess
> what it might cost, to build a "new" MG using a Heritage shell, and
> all new parts (or rebuilt used, for those not avaialble new)?  Might
> be a fun project for someone with the resources to do it.

There's a guy here in our Classic Collectors Club who did just that - he was
in London for a year on business, and took advantage of it to build (rather
"have built") a "new" 69 B on a new shell, all new interior bits, engine
rebuilt with new head and ancillaries, rebuilt tranny, all new suspension
and electrics - basically a new car.  It's bright white with gleaming chrome
wire wheels - the engine bay is shinier than surgical implements.

Cost him just over $20,000, not counting a few thou extra to get in
transported over here and licensed once he was done.

The car is beautiful, but he's reluctant to drive it very much - I suppose
that's just part of the price you pay.

Cheers.
RMartin
70 roadster