Re: 67 tranny back into engine

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>,
Subject: Re: 67 tranny back into engine
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:09:27 -0600
MAN, YOURS IS HARD!

I have always pulled the engine 3 times in 5 years.   (well, replaced
it once but I took it out of the donor before I put it in my car.)

I bought the little alignment tool.  Lined up the clutch with the tool,
tightened it on. Then, with the engine still on the picker, picked up
the tranny and giggled it into place.  The engine wiggles a bit on the
chain, but is pushed back to center by the weight, and I was pushing
from the other side.

No sweat at all, together in a few minutes.  (Well maybe a little
sweat, the tranny isn't real heavy, but I don't want to carry one to
work everyday either.)

The crossmember is a different story for me...  Those cause me
frustration.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net