Re: Hobby in decline?

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hobby in decline?
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:28:59 -0500
> > Indeed.  Didn't the last issue of the Moss magazine mention that
even with a
> > 'down' economy, people are actually spending more money on the LBCs?
>
> The shop that's doing the work on my MGA is having its busiest
> summer in five years.  The owner says that several people have
> told him that the 9/11 events caused them to re-examine their
> priorities and make driving their LBC a higher one.

   We in this country, have all had a little rethink about what is
important.  Getting MORE seems to be less important now that
enjoying what we might already have -- including our hobby cars.
The same trend shows up in home improvement and family-
oriented entertainment.  It is a good thing.  Drive on!

rick