Re: Air in Cooling System Was Re: u-joints-successful

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air in Cooling System Was Re: u-joints-successful
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:21:25 -0700
Monte,

Look at your fans just as they are slowing down when you shut them off.  Are
they turning in the right direction?  If I remember correctly, you had
problems getting them going, and it's easy to cross-wire them so they turn
the wrong way.  The shape of the blade is the clue; the curve should cut
through the air so that it "scoops" the air back through the radiator.  If
they are going the wrong way, your car will always overheat.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center