Re: dash light reostat

To: <proot@attbi.com>, "Unknown Mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dash light reostat
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:26:05 +0100
With the red-whites occupying both spades on one side you will have to rig
up a connector comprising three male spades connected together to link all
three female connectors.  Some years only have one red-white connector so
with these it is a simple matter of moving that to the spare spade on the
red/green side.

If you're going to bypass the rheostat then you needn't worry about the
heat, it won't be there when bypassed and your lights will be brighter.  All
the ones I have opened up have been printed circuit inside and I could see
where the thicker sections at the 'bright' end had burnt out, about which
nothing can be done, and replacements are pretty expensive.