Re: Frequently Asked Air Compressor Question

To: Chris Thompson <chris-mg@cthompson.com>
Subject: Re: Frequently Asked Air Compressor Question
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:36:59 -0500
Chris:

<<<snip>>>
60gal tank that will do 12.4 SCFM at 40PSI and 10.2SCFM at
90PSI.
<<<Snip>>>
That is the absolute minimum if you want "Maybe a media
blaster."  These and random orbital sanders take a lot of
air.  If you plan on using the media blaster for any length
of time, you need something bigger like 15 CFM at 40.

<<<snip>>>
What ranges should I be looking for? Oilless or Oiled?
<<<snip>>>
"Oilless" NO! if you plan on using it for media.  Oilless
don't have the life span needed.  I've heard they are also
very noisy.  I would only buy oiled.
--
Blake
With 65 gals of air, about 12 and 10 CFM, and a small media