Re: Intermittent power (not necessarily electric) problem

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intermittent power (not necessarily electric) problem
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:02:42 +0100
Next time it happens try pulling on the choke (if you have twin SUs with
manual choke).  Mine used to do something like that (but less frequently)
and pulling on the choke 'fixed' it.  Eventually I cleaned some gunk out of
the float chambers and it stopped happening.

Alternatively rig up a timing light where you can see it when driving, that
should tell you if you are losing spark or not, and directing you to plugs
and mixture.