Re: overheating-and of course another question.

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: overheating-and of course another question.
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 19:05:52 -0400
"Has never boiled over, but it
seems that the gauge is working properly-if just beyond midway on the gauge
should  be about 160 degrees F."

I don't believe midway is 160 degrees...on mine (180 degree) it is just
above midway also. Look real close at the gauge and you'll see two tiny
dimples or marks above the white band about in the middle. I recall reading
somewhere that these were supposed to be the positions for fans start and
stop.

"I plugged off all the holes except the one created by
the adaptor that goes from the gulp valve into the head or manifold. It is
unthreaded and was semi-sealed with some red, flexible, plastic-looking
"stuff".
What do I use to plug this hole and what sealant?"

I've pulled my ZS setup for HS4's and don't have it readily at hand, but IF
the hole is small and IF your not planning to revert back in the future you
could use J-B weld or similar product.

Mike
'79B