FW: West Coast

To: "'MGs List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: FW: West Coast
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:33:53 -0700
Carl:

Many of the British cars on the West Coast were in Palo Alto for the
weekend.  Sorry you missed them.

The turnout at the Palo Alto car show was excellent.  I heard about 550
cars.

The AMGBA had a good turn out of Bs and there were a lot of very interesting
and unusual cars out for the Sunday event.   More Marcos sports cars than I
have ever seen in one place.

The Saturday run to Half Moon Bay had some great roads and was enlivened by
bumping into a bunch of Jensens.  About 75 cars did the run and the bs swap
at Cameron's Pub in Half Moon Bay went on into the late afternoon.  The
highlight of Camerons Parking lot were a matched pair of beautyfully
restored Aston Martins, Coupe and DHC.

It was great to get out amongst fellow British car owners, and interesting
to run my MGB on the Saturday run with a classic Mini behind and a new Mini
in front of me.  The B was fun to drive, proving that you can build a fun
dual purpose car.  Full lowered suspension, fuel cell and fire system still
allowed room for two people to be comfortable and carry a spare tire and
top.

Now if I had only remembered to replace the brake light switch, and updated
the licence plate tags.

Kelvin.