Aftermarket Part Rant

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aftermarket Part Rant
From: Ruggiero Larry Lt Col AFRC/XPXS <Larry.Ruggiero@AFRC.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:59:16 -0400
Just getting this off my chest: reassembling 18V motor, timing the
aftermarket Vizard cam, attempted to install the adjustable (via extra
cotter key slots in lower pulley) timing gear bottom pulley but it won't go
on, at least not without relatively heavy malletizing, like it needs about
another .002" taken out (and a couple of the machined key slots are rough
too). I'd send it back but I bought it over a year ago!  Anybody else buy
this and experience the problem? My recourse now is to buy offset cotter
keys. The cam's datasheet says to time it 102 degrees after TDC, stock B cam
likes 106, and the cam as I measured it is 110 degrees. Oh well, as other
listers have noted, yet another day job that will take a couple weeks...

Larry Ruggiero '72 MGB
Warner Robins GA