Somewhat OT: MGB alternative

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Somewhat OT: MGB alternative
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:37:44 -0500
I'm always reading about folks making serious adjustments to MGB's.  Items
such as 5-Speed gearboxes and beefed up engines come to mind.

Why not just buy a later model Jensen-Healey?

You get your 5-speeds, your Lotus 907 engine, you even get a roadster thats
British.  I'm sure you will further enjoy the leaky top and rusty body
panels as well, but then, don't we all? :)

One reason I mention it is I read about a '74 JH going relatively cheap in
"my daily driver" condition, which likely means its rusty and needs a
engine rebuild.  I'm still considering it if it hasn't sold yet, but it
would definitely push back the completion date on my '68 restoration.
Advice?

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)