Re: Grease Cap Removal and steering

Subject: Re: Grease Cap Removal and steering
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:04:08 +0200
A real good pair of pliers helped with me, but you might need extra tricks.
Use some trick using the screw thread and a few nuts and rings. Oil well.

Track rod: loosen the nut a bit and then slam a hammer on the other side
"scare" it as we say. The rod should come loose then.
Check that the rod does not keep pivoting while it's not tight anymore when
you try to get the nut from it.

Good luck - cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT ww