Re: Steering wheel clean up

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel clean up
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 05:25:13 -0700 (PDT)
Jack,
Get a dremel and use the polishing attachment.  I used this on my wife's 70B
steering wheel and it came out great.
Jim
 Jack Feldman wrote:I have a 72 steering wheel which little black flecks on the
metal part. I
tried to polish them out with a product that has some sort of polish
impregnated in cotton waste. It is a good all around polish, and did clean
it up nicely. However, when the sun hits the wheel at a particular angle,
the black flecks are still there. I assume they are some sort of corrosion.

Any suggestions? Replacement is just too expensive.

Thanks,

Jack