Re: weber problems

To: Don Toy <dontoy@kiski.net>, MG owners list serve
Subject: Re: weber problems
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:45:46 -0700 (PDT)
--- Don Toy <dontoy@kiski.net> wrote:
> Oh great and powerful list, I seek your combined
> wisdom. I have a 1980 MGB
> with a Weber Downdraught (sp) and headers. It has
> been desmogged. Recently
> after running it close to empty (fuel), it developed
> a very bad miss.

    Don,
  Have you pulled the top off of the dgv and closely
inspected the jets and float bowl? My dgv IS NOT
perfectly sealed to the out side world..all manner of
fines get into the float bowl area, and near to the
main jets etc. a small fine , introduced into one of
the air jets or bleeders wil not lend the carb to
perfect fuel- air metering..running the tank almost
dry may not introduce dirt into the carb..you have a
fuel filter to remove tank debris from the fuel line.
    As you said, the DGV is a good carb, worth
cleaning and using in all types of driving conditions.
Howard
http://sbc.yahoo.com