Short versus long water pumps

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Short versus long water pumps
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:44:38 -0700
What is the difference in length between the MGB short (early) and
long (18V) water pumps?

I just purchased a short H2O pump for my supercharger installation,
but when I measured against the one I have in there, I only see about
0.1" difference, which could easily be due to my mis measurement.

I wonder if for some reason, I already have the short pump. Does the
alternator that I'm running have anything to do with which H2O pump
I'd need to run.  At some point I swapped to a different than stock
alternator. I don't remember if I went for more Amps, or internal
regulator, or all of the above.  I seem to remember needing to change
the pulley to make it work.

Sometimes it's a pain in the butt being my own DPO.

  lrc

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.