Re: no title

To: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: no title
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:21:25 -0400
I live in NH, and have a '78.  I'm not looking for an antique tag, but to
prove I own my car, if I had no title, I would just need a current
registration and a bill of sale.  If I couldn't prove that either, then a
state police officer would have to verify the car visually.  But they will
register cars over, I think, 15 years without a title, if you have a
current registration.  My "fleet" (hah!) currently consists of my '96 Saab
900 Convertible (my "real" car), my '78 MG MGB (my "surreal" car) and my
newly acquired '83 Ford Ranger pickup truck.  For the pickup, I just had to
show the current registration and bill of sale and they were happy.

Not that the pickup is any treat to drive.  My insurance agent wanted to
know if I was using it for "pleasure" and I assured her it was not
"pleasure" to drive. :)

- Tab