car titile

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: car titile
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:42:12 -0400
Hi folks,

Long time MG nut, first time poster here.

For what it's worth, I've been able to get title on cars in Virginia that
had absolutely no documentation.  That was years ago, but they had a term
for it I can't now recall.  Ironically, I had more trouble titling a car my
wife bought last year where we paid cash and had the signed-over title, but
they wouldn't give us a title until we produced a bill of sale showing no
liens.  I guess protecting banks' money is more important than anything!

Dean
'71 B Roadster - mostly stock, Safety Fast
'74 B-GT (cb) - mostly autocross not-so-stock, Safety Faster