Re: Cold Air Joy was Re: Engine mods and reliability

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: Cold Air Joy was Re: Engine mods and reliability
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:43:33 -0500
  Ha, ha, I get a real kick out of this thread!  As you say, Eric,
that's not a new concept.

  My 260Z had a fresh air intake connected to the air meter inlet.  Our
Yugo has a fresh air intake connected to the air filter housing.  Those
are from the factory.  My B has a hole in the radiator shroud on the
carb side for fresh air intake.  That one's from Charley's Garage!

  Eric, you can run into lean-out problems if you direct too much air
into the carbs at high speeds, so you may be better off to leave your
good idea as it is.  Bill S. might know a bit more about that......

  Cheers,

   CR