RE: King pin reamer for Big Healeys

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: King pin reamer for Big Healeys
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:24:01 -0500
> I know this didn't come direct from the list as it has
> attachments, but it
> stands a good chance of coming from someone who is, either
> deliberately or
> inadvertantly.  One of them is a .PIF so don't open it.  It
> appears to come
> from JOKER.COM.

Most likely its the latest infectious agent for Windows, called Bugbear.
Like Klez, when it replicates it doesn't come from who it appears to come
from, but unlike Klez, rather than selecting an address and using that, it
creates a new address by mixing the left side of the @ and the right side
from two different addresses.

It also installs a keylogger and other nice things.

And it also uses the text from mail in the mailbox as the body of the
message.