Re: Where to start looking....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where to start looking....
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:04:54 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/02 11:02:58 PM, pulcher@killercomputing.com writes:

<< Well, I can check the splines, but where would I go to get them tested for
running true?  Can I go down to the local NTB and have them checked, or
would they even know what I am talking about. >>

Harold,

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh.
NTB is a joke,  a mass-market, get 'em in and out the door sort of operation
that cares not a whit about anything, including tires.  To sum up what's
wrong with NTB--it's a Sears operation.  I had a problem holding air in my
Rostyles from my now-departed roadster and instead of telling me they were
too dumb to deal with it--and that they do not stock tubes--they let me sit
for a couple of hours saying they were "working on it." Finally they took me
back, clucked a few times and said they gave up, saying I'd probably have to
go to an auto supply store and get a tube.   I said I knew that when I got
here, and figured that people who work with tires all the time would know
that too, and fix me up.  They just stared at me.  Goodbye, NTB.
Sorry for the rant, but NTB is just as good as those Sears car maintenance
operations.
By the way, did anyone else go into mourning when it was announced that Sears
had bought Land's End?

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang