front shock filler plug

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: front shock filler plug
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:38:34 -0700
Hello Listers,
While doing my first oil change & grease, I attempted to fill the front
shock absorber.

The diagram shown in Haynes, indicates the existence of a filler plug
located on top of the shock absorber.
Going thru' the Moss diagram, no filler plug is indicated, of course as
an OF I'm only looking with one eye.

On my shock , what I encountered, was a solid plate on top of the shock
but no filler hole. I noticed that in Haynes, the diagram shows
knockoffs, which leads me to the conclusion that my car doesn't have any
filler plugs (surely not), or the DPO did something.

I would appreciate any input please & thank you.

Aubrey 75B