Re: Shipping Large Parts

To: MGTD1952@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping Large Parts
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:23:03 -0600
Normally due to size, the fender has to be shipped by truck at a rather
steep rate. But I did have one shipped to me UPS last year by the infamous
RedQueen (an earlier thread) who managed to wrap the fender rather than box
it so it could go UPS. Its much cheaper but depending on how you wrap it,
there is a greater chance of bending or other damage. I had a lister ship
me a trunk lid similarly, by covering it with cardboard rather than boxing
it, as package dimensions may take precedence over weight (after a certain
size is met) when freight charges are determined.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B