Re: Radio Antenna

To: Scott.Regel@dpra.com ("Scott Regel"), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radio Antenna
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:25:08 -0500
In a message dated 11/12/2002 2:48:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Scott.Regel@dpra.com writes:

> How hard is it to replace the radio antenna on a 76 B?  It broke off
> right at the base.  Has anyone had any luck or great
> results with those
> little black rubber ones?

No experience with the little rubber jobs, but they would seem more at home on
a Z3 than a B, in my opinion.
Otherwise, the replacement isn't hard.  If it is in the normal front fender
(wing) position, the worst part is removing the little barrier behind the
wheel--oh yeah, take the wheel off first--and then its a fairly simple plug and
play proposition.  Take the opportunity playing around in the guts of your
bodywork to note any building rust deposits, and kick yourself in the butt for
not having Waxoyled it sooner. (No, wait.  That's me.)

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang