Re: 4-Speed w Electronic O/D

To: NFexec@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4-Speed w Electronic O/D
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:02:08 -0700
I believe that you have to replace it with an o/d transmission. It may be
theoretically possible to do some kind of conversion to a standard
transmission but it would be much easier and cheaper to replace it. The o/d
transmissions are readily available - used ones are frequently offered on
Ebay or at salvage yards. Then its just a matter of installing it, wiring
it up, and I believe using the o/d drive shaft. When I bought mine used
from a salvage yard, they also sold me the drive shaft that went with it -
I think its a little shorter.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B