Re:[MGVR] Cross Country Transportation Help

To: MGVR@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re:[MGVR] Cross Country Transportation Help
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:01:06 GMT
Richard,

In my rather limited experience, that is a _very_ good price to ship that
distance.  I've heard a rule of thumb is generally about $1 per mile.

I had a Jag E-Type shipped from Phoenix to Houston last year (via Intercity,
whom I highly recommend, as do others) and it was $800.  That was a rather
special price since the truck was coming fully loaded from the Barrett-Jackson
auction.  Other quotes I got at the auction were all above $950.

I also got several quotes to ship my racecar to Watkins Glen last year from
Houston (1700 miles), the least expensive was about $2400 round trip.  I ended
up towing it myself, by the way.

David Littlefield

---------- "Rick Starkweather" <rstarkweather@scottmadden.com> writes:

I apologize in advance for bombing the lists with this..

I have a (tentative) buyer located in the Los Angeles area for my
supercharged 1949 MG TC.  The car is currently in Raleigh, NC.  The
buyer has been quoted $1200 for enclosed transportation back to LA.
Does anyone know of anyone in this line of business who might be able to
beat this deal?  The total delivered cost (car plus shipping) is a point
of negotiation between myself and the buyer, and if I can find a quality
shipper who can get the car there for less, I might be able to squeeze
out a few more dollars and get closer to my asking price.

Help!!

Richard D. Starkweather
Scott, Madden & Associates, Inc.
919-781-4191 (office)