Re: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>,
Subject: Re: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:25:51 -0000
It certainly has, that is exactly what a relay will do!  You use the
original circuitry to power the relay, which only takes milli-amps, via the
auxiliary light switch and connect one side of the relay contact back to a
heavy gauge brown like at the fusebox or even the solenoid, via a fuse, the
other side to the lamps, of course.